GUIDANCE FOR OUR CLIENTS – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
In these uncertain times we wanted to reach out to all our clients to let you know we are here to offer support and guidance over the next few months.
Health and wellbeing are the most important things right now and so we have made the decision that our people will start working remotely from 24 March 2020.
We will continue to complete your accounts, VAT, payroll and tax returns in a timely manner.
If you are working remotely and / or struggling to keep your records straight, then please let us know. We can install a variety of Cloud based solutions to help and if you can scan and email documents to us, we can help in posting them.
If you need anything let us know. Our business depends on your business and we must all pull together during the next few weeks.
Here is a quick action plan to help focus your thoughts:
- Keep your eye on Government advice:
- Your main purpose is to protect the health of yourself, employees (if you have them) and customers and then reduce the risk of the financial impact to your business. So, you need to take action now.
- If you have key team members hold a meeting with and work through the agenda. If your business is small discuss relevant points with business and life partners.
- Summarise the actions and take responsibility to make them happen.
- If you are about to make purchases of capital equipment should these be deferred until after the virus has passed or maybe wait just a few weeks to see if there are extra special deals.
- If cashflow is going to be a problem, speak to your bank and financial backers. The Government has indicated that extra help via the banks is available.
- Talk to us – we are all in this together.
We have decided not to have face to face meetings, unless absolutely necessary. We are very happy with video conferencinces (eg whatsapp) please contact us for other options.
I ask that you do not hand deliver documents to us. If you do please use the large letter box outside our office or use a courier as the office may be deserted.
If you can scan them or use your smartphone to take photos please send copies goto www.bourneupload.com for ways to send files (even very large one). Please call if you need help.
This is to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
If you likely to be effected by the offpayroll working rules often known as IR35. This is not being implemented until April 2021.
For the latest news regarding Business Support for the Coronavirus impact please keep any eye on our Coronavirus Covid-19 Business Support page.